October 11, 2019
Present: Roxanne Wilkins, AnJie Havens, Diane Westfall, Kelly Bergland, Mary Anne Doyle, Debbie Dehart
Secretary’s Report: read and approved (Kelly, Diane).
Treasurer’s Report: read and approved (Kelly, Debbie)
* Jim Dean was supposed to be here but as he wasn’t, Kelly told us about what he was going to present. It’s a passive fundraiser called Data Guardian, a document shredding company. They will come to your business and, for a fee, securely shred your stuff. They also do document storage. If we sign up with him, and then people use him, they can use our code and we will get back a percentage of what they pay him.
Kelly will get us signed up with him. (moved by Debbie, seconded by AnJie)
* Jersey Giant Subs fundraiser – a restaurant on Centre and Oakland. We will do one of those passive fundraisers through them as well. AnJie and Diane will provide the information about that in November, and we’ll look at doing it in the beginning of next year. They will set up a date for us. We will have to have someone at the restaurant the day of and AnJie will find out if it has to be for the whole period.
* We need a new President and Vice-President. Deb is willing to come back as President if Kelly will take the Vice-President position. Deb will be here in November.
* Pam’s Money Matters:
Gary Monroe: our computer guy, says he needs to make some additional purchases to get our new computers running, costing $676.00.
Deb Christiansen is requesting a donation towards photoshop elements for patron use which would also help with our Friends projects. It would be added to at least 2 computers and cost $27.00 per computer. We discussed how this would affect the printer – its life, purchase of toner cartridges, etc.
Wednesday October 16 there is an Open House for Jackie Chapin’s quilt exhibit (5:30-7:00 pm). We need cookies and punch. Also on Wednesday October 23 there will be the Zoomobile and Trick-or-Treating (6:00-7:15), and a preschool party on October 31. Pam is requesting $50.00 to cover the supplies needed for these events.
We decided to give $780.00 to cover all these expenses (Debbie, Diane).
Roxanne could also use some people scattered around the library to help pass out candy on the 23rd. (time: 6:50 or so).
They could also use candy for the trick-or-treaters.
* Emergency Money Requests by-law:
AnJie presented a possible by-law regarding the authority of the President to approve funds when there is a time issue and the rest of the committee is not available.
There was some discussion. It was decided not to change anything.
* Storage Area Cleaned: AnJie and Debbie cleaned the storage area in the back room and it is much less cluttered than it was.
*December meeting: it’s on the list but we don’t usually meet so disregard. If we need to meet to count money from the Cranes fundraiser we can just arrange to do that.
* The Cranes project – Kick-off is October 21 at 5:30-7, we’ll have donuts and cider. If you have any Christmas wrap you don’t need, cut it into 6” squares and donate it for folding the cranes.
* Garden Tour 2020 – no update at this point. We will discuss in November.
November is AnJie’s last official meeting because she’ll be gone at least until late May and will be getting her house ready to sell.
The Meeting was adjourned at 11:00 am! (Diane, Debbie).